Spiritual Roots allow a mortal to absorb Spiritual Qi and to become an Immortal cultivator.
Spiritual roots can be categorised into five categories: metal, wood, water, fire, and earth.
- Spiritual roots with a mixture of four or five attributes are known as “False Spiritual Roots”.
- Spiritual roots of two to three attributes are known as “True Spiritual Roots”.
- Those with true spiritual roots will cultivate many times faster when compared to those with false spiritual roots.
- Spiritual roots with only one attribute are known as “Heavenly Spiritual Roots”.
- Regardless of which of the five attributes the spiritual root belonged to, the cultivation rate would be faster by two to three times when compared to those with true spiritual roots. And upon reaching the peak of Foundation Establishment, they would not encounter any bottlenecks when attempting to break through to Core Formation.
- Chance of this spiritual root appearing is close to nil, only once in several hundred years.
- Spiritual roots that don't belong to any of the five attributes are known as “Mutated Spiritual Roots”.
- For individuals who possess mutated spiritual roots, although they will still meet a bottleneck when attempting to step into Core Formation, their cultivation speed is roughly equal to those with heavenly spiritual roots. Furthermore, if those with mutated spiritual roots are able to find a cultivation art that matches their attribute, they will undoubtedly be the strongest among their generation, capable of fighting against three to four cultivators at the same cultivation level.
- Mutated spiritual roots referred to spiritual roots that evolved through the combination of any two or three of the five attributes.Example, a spiritual root of both earth and water attributes undergo a mutation and evolve into that of the lightning attribute; Metal and water attribute mutated and evolved into the ice attribute. Not only that, there are also darkness attribute roots and wind attribute roots, as well as countless other variations.
- Rate of its appearance is about once every 20 to 30 years.
Considered as Irrelevant but still exists
Super Spiritual Roots: There are two kinds of such Spirit Roots. Sun and Moon Attributes. Sun Spirit Roots is considered as Good Spirit Body, Moon Spirit Roots is considered as Evil Spirit Body. Their Cultivation speed is hundreds of times faster than Mutated Spirit Roots and this person regardless of Sun or Moon attributes are born to know the basics cultivate immortality and their body is constantly cultivating the moment they are born or when their bodies are sufficiently complete while in their mothers' womb.
Dragon Spirit Roots: Exclusive to Dragons and those strongly related to Dragons. When they cultivate a single attribute, their other attributes will increase as well. Dragon Spirit Roots does not need to create Artificial Spirit Roots to ascend to Divine Transformation and hence will be slightly stronger. They have a trait of being extremely hard to kill.
Chaos Spirit Roots: Also known as All Attributes Spirit Roots. Their Cultivation rates are higher than Super Spirit Roots and when they cultivate a single attribute, every other attributes will increase at the same rate. Tribulations' Lightning will take 'extra care' of these guys by packing a lot more wallop with every strike. People with their attribute will also be more lucky and run into more treasures in their lifetimes.
Fusion Spirit Roots: The Crafter's spirit roots. Capable of absorbing and fusing any attributes with the right techniques. Even when other people are breaking through and causing large amount of spirit energies to gather, if this person is nearby, they might end up siphoning a portion of the powers unknowing. Their greatest strength however, is in crafting. Cultivators with such Spirit Roots can fuse attributes or even magical materials in ways that is impossible regardless of skills and technology. This applies to type of crafting. Creating Pills, Magic weapons, armor, Magic Arrays, Puppets, Golems, etc... whenever Fusion Spiritual Roots appears, they become an object of fiercest contest, not just because they are perfect Magic Items disposal, their flesh, blood and bones are perfect for creating Cultivation Boosting Elixirs! As a result, people with such Spirit Roots almost never survive or have good fate when discovered